The National Petroleum Company of Congo has as aim to:
- Undertake directly, or through its subsidiaries, or in association with partners, the research, production, processing, transformation, development, transport and marketing of liquid or gaseous hydrocarbons, in Congo and abroad;
- Contribute to the development of government policy on the management of liquid or gaseous hydrocarbons;
- Participate in control and verification operations carried out by the State;
- Create an environment conducive to the training of Congolese staff and contribute to the establishment of a Congolese centre of expertise in the oil industry sector;
- And, more generally, to undertake or participate in any industrial, commercial, technical, real estate and other operations directly or indirectly related to the transactions referred to above.